Saturday, January 2, 2010

Naughty or Nice?

We weren't sure if Parker was going to be on the naughty or nice list this year. It was a close call. A couple of days before the big day I was talking to the kids in the car and telling them that Santa was going to deliver all their gifts to the Teeples and we were going to be spending the night there. Parker was in the back of the car and in my rearview mirror I could see his face turn from happy to sad. He started to cry and told me he wanted to have Christmas at home. We talked about it for a minute and I couldn't figure out what his problem was. He was really upset. Finally he said,"I don't want to open presents at Grandma and Grandpa's because it will be embarrassing if I only get coal for Christmas." Turns out that Matt got a text from Santa that same day that said that Parker was on the borderline and needed to make sure to behave for the next couple of days.

2 comments:

The Hendrix Family said...

I love it! I think that Parker wasn't the only little boy on the borderline coal list this year. I think that there was something in the air!

Marchelle said...

That is so cute!! I love it!