Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Conversations I Wish I Didn't Have to Have

Kate and I were alone in the car a couple of weeks ago and a commercial for Chippendale's came on the radio. Living in Vegas this type of radio commercial is normal (Thunder From Down Under comes to mind). I sort of gloss over them and don't even think about it when they are on. I forget that my kids ARE listening.


This was me and Kate's conversation:

Kate: Mom, what is Chippendale's?
Me: Ummmm (wondering if I should answer this question honestly), it's a place that women go to watch men dance around in their underwear.
Kate: Why?
Me: I'm not sure Kate, I have never understood why women would want to watch that.
Kate: Uh, ya.
Me: It's sounds really embarrassing to me.
Kate: Me too, and weird.

I will now turn of all commercials that have to do with anything of this sort

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Amber this made me laugh so hard!! I can totally hear your voice having this conversation with Kate and your answers were so funny and right on!! :) You are such a great mom!

Sonia said...

I'm with Kelly. As I'm reading your post, I hear you! You're awesome!

Jennifer said...

I was just going to write the same thing. I can totally hear you saying this. I love your honesty. It was the perfect answer. So sorry you have to live in a place that has Chippendale commercials! Ugh!

Marchelle said...

Wow, you always have the best answers!! I love it!