Monday, March 1, 2010

NASCAR Weekend






Don't be jealous, but this last weekend the NASCAR race was in Las Vegas. Matt and I went all three days and had a lot of fun. Jen and Mike as well as Bryan and Aaron came to the Saturday Nationwide race with us.We got to meet Carl Edwards (our favorite driver) and he signed our hats and sweatshirt and told us how cute Will is. In general, I am not star struck. Mostly I don't care about celebrities. I find their lives a little interesting, but also think that most are vain, selfish dimwits. But not Carl (aka: He's So Cute, in our house), we waited for an hour to get him to sign our stuff. I'm laughing at myself as I write this. I have never asked or waited for an autograph in my life. It's kind of embarrassing. In Vegas they have what is called the Neon Garage. It's hard to explain how the Neon Garage works, but basically all the drivers, crews and their cars are in an aquarium and you can watch them work from the opposite side of the glass. It's pretty cool. We took Will with us and he got lots of attention. We saw a random performance by Kid Rock in the Neon Garage as well.


NASCAR races are interesting. The people watching is phenomenal. We've been to a few different races and the people are different at each track. North Carolina definitely had the most unique people to see. Sonoma, CA was a completely different group of people. Vegas is kind of a cross between the two. It's pretty amazing to go to a sporting event where 150,000 people attend. Getting out of the parking lot afterward is NOT amazing. It's downright annoying. It took us over two and a half hours to get home last night. It was worth it though. It is really fun for Matt and I to have something to do that we both really enjoy.

And yes, I know most of you who will read this will not understand how we could possibly enjoy cars going around and around. But it is oh so much more than that and it's just downright fun.

6 comments:

noelle said...

were you completely twitterpated when you talked to him? did you almost faint when he told you your baby was cute? i mean, i am thinking this had to be one of the highlights of your life, and i just don't feel the emotion coming through on the level i expected.

p.s. you're so weird. but i am glad you have a husband who shares your..."passion."

Laura said...

Yes I do not understand how you can watch cars go around and around, but it makes you happy so whatever!!
My brother and his wife were at that race they got married the same weekend in a little vegas chapel. His wife got it set up that my brother got to drive Jeff Gordon's car several times around the track, he was so excited!!!

honey said...

William is so much cuter than carl!

Jack Attack said...

love that you took will and my husband. thanks. try as I may, I will never understand the fascination with Nascar.

TT said...

I love Will's face in those pics! I'm glad you got to meet the other love in your life. ha ha!

Marci and Morgan said...

It's a good thing your family loves you inspite of yourself! haha. I'm proud of you for waiting in line to meet him at last.