Saturday, April 10, 2010

...Like a Witch

Today Parker's chore (which was assigned by his dad), was to pick up the dog poop in the backyard. Needless to say he had a full on, flapping his wings (lots of you have seen this in action) meltdown. After assigning Parker to this job, Matt went out front to park the boat and left me to oversee that Parker accomplished his task. NICE.


It was a battle, but he got it done. Gagging (I'm not kidding), screaming, crying, having to have the timer set so that he had a limit to how long he could go on with his fit and getting the chore done. With the threat that if he didn't get it done it would be his chore for the entire week. And with multiple attempts at getting into the house, which he was locked out of. In one of his many rants he screamed, "My mom is so mean....she is like a witch."

5 comments:

noelle said...

i love king freakout.

Erin said...

he could have said something worse!

Stacy said...

It's true you know....I've always known..

honey said...

I believe you or one of your siblings might have said the same about me, however the spelling was slightly different!
Papa says there are 5 members of the family old enough to pickup dog crap. Have a vote on whether to pick it up, or get rid of the dog.

lori said...

Dog poop is pretty nasty. i dont really blame the kid. And i was reading the post about your grandparents and they truly are the perfect grandparents. When my mom helped me plant bulbs this last fall, all i heard about was margaret's thousands of tulips. Your grandparents really are gems and they do have some great kids, grandkids and great grandkids too! PS- i just bought tickets to take my kids back to my grandma's farm! Yippee!