Thursday, June 10, 2010

Kate the Great

Kate turned 11 yesterday. We had a big family party with lots of food and strawberry shortcake for dessert. Thanks to everyone who came and helped Kate have a special day.
I can't believe she is eleven. It seems such a short time ago that she was three and I wondered if she would become a child that I would like (of course I have always loved her). I know, maybe I shouldn't admit it, but Kate as a three year old was difficult. And many many days I wasn't her biggest fan. Thankfully, she has become such a nice young women. Helpful, patient with her siblings, happy, obedient and just an overall joy to have in our family. We're lucky that Heavenly Father chose us to raise her.

2 comments:

Marci and Morgan said...

Happy Birthday Kate!! We can't wait to see you this summer.

The Martz Guppies said...

My fav Kate story...well, it's my ONLY Kate story is when you guys came for My Mom's Funeral and she got in the fountain, fully dressed. Poor Kate!
Luckily there was a dryer near by.
Happy 11th B-day Kate...one more year and it's YW's for you!