Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Parade



Batterman had their annual Halloween parade again this year. Parker's costume was a hit with parents, teachers and kids. Papa came and walked the parade with the kids and then helped in Parker's class at his party.


Going to the parade at the elementary school every year reminds me of the parades we had at Howard Wood. I remember how great I thought they were, marching around to the Monster Mash. The principal yelling over the microphone, the disorganized rambunctious kids, the parents taking pictures, the crackly music playing, it's still the same. I think the costumes were better when I was a kid, there weren't a lot of duplicates. There was one class yesterday that had at least 5 Grim Reapers. And there were some moms who were dressed as slutty bees, nurses, witches, etc. And walked around in the parade...what? Although that does add to the entertainment level. ;)

No comments: