Monday, November 28, 2011

So Excited

We are getting a new house!


It will be big enough to not feel cramped, but not too big. The backyard is large (and full of dirt and weeds right now).

It's going to be awesome...it's not so awesome right now. But it is getting better every day.

Matt is working his tail off making it everything I want it to be.

I've been picking paint colors (10 sampled so far, haven't decided yet), kitchen cabinets, bathroom vanities, floors, doors, trims etc. It's been really fun. Well, not the paint, that has been annoying. I can't seem to get it right. I want a bluish grey greenish color for the entire house. I have picked the trim color...it matches our cabinets, that was easy.

I'm planning on starting a separate blog about it (housemadepretty.blogspot.com)...but haven't done that yet because....

I am addicted to Pinterest....LOVE it. I've gotten tons of ideas on things to do to our house (which means more projects for Matt :0) I love having an incredible carpenter husband.

This month is going to be BUSY!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Amber that is so exciting! Is it over by brooke's? I have a lot of Greys if you haven't found the one. We just picked a grey for our house and I have lots of bluish greenish grey samples you are welcome to try! I am jealous your husband can do everything!!!

Erin said...

That will be so great for you guys! What part of town is it in? Can't wait for the new blog. I've been busy pinning all my house wishlists for when we build in a yr or two. Isn't pinterest great! We will be in town over Christmas break and would love to get together if you will be in town! I miss all you guys.

TT said...

I'm so excited! Can't wait to see the new place. :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow! So happy for you! I want all the details!

Laura said...

Keep us posted with your change of address. I can't wait to see the new place.Just wish it could be in person!!!