Thursday, May 29, 2008

Friends















I don't have a very good memory, but as a child I don't recall being overly fond of my siblings. We didn't necessarily want to share a room with one another or spend too much time together. And as I remember, we fought quite often (my poor mom) and we teased each other relentlessly . As an adult I don't have any better friends than my sisters. So at least we grew out of our childish ways. 

My aunt Ann's kids were totally different. They would all end up in the same room by morning and if they couldn't sleep in the same room they would sleep with their heads in the hall so they could see one another.  I am sure they fought, but I never saw it.  

Anyway, I have lately been thinking of how lucky I am.  Kate and Parker genuinely like one another.  They have their tiffs, but they mostly get along and play well with one another.  This is probably due to Kate being the type of person who wants everyone to like her, Parker just likes to play and they are a little over three years apart.  They are both also very patient with Maggie and love her to death.  It is so nice to have kids who are nice to one another and are friends. I hope that they continue to be friends and not just siblings for the rest of their lives. 

No comments: