Sunday, May 4, 2008

Released

My life is going to change quite a bit. Today I was released as the RS President in our ward. I have had this calling for the last three years and it has become a big part of our lives. Today was bitter sweet.


Things I will not miss:
1. 7:00 am Sunday meetings.
2. There is no way to say this nicely, so I won't say it. (crazy people, sorry just had to)
3. People keeping track of me. It is pretty noticeable when the RS President is out of town for three weeks straight and people can't help but comment on it.
4. Having to be the mean person who tells people NO to their inappropriate requests of the Relief Society.

Things I will miss:
1. My association with the sisters in the ward.
2. My counselors. We had a great time together and they were/are awesome.
3. Having a reason to introduce myself to new sisters.
4. Helping and coming up with ideas for enrichment. I love those meetings.
5. Laughing with my counselors as we knocked on the wrong doors while out on visits. We met some pretty interesting people, who thought we were crazy carrying around our wrapped up cookies.
6. Getting to be the mean person who tells people NO to their inappropriate requests of the Relief Society.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

I am sure you were a wonderful relief society president Amber, i would have loved to serve with you especially the watching you get to be the justified mean person... good luck with the new calling, you already know what I think it is going to be.

ChellaJ [Rachelle] said...

I remember when you were put in. It has been a long time and it's so fun you now get to move on to something else. Let's hope it's not Sunbeams ;)lol. I am sure your ward is better because of your great service!

I would love to hear more about the inappropriate requests. Or, I can probably just imagine what they made entail.

Scott said...

Just goes to show you Amber...you do a poor job and they would have released you from that high-paying job. Life's small lessons. :) How do you spell relief? Sleeping in on Sundays a little more. Or was it Amber?

Marci said...

Congratulations AND consolations... I hate calling changes-there's such a mixture of emotions. Try going from Sunbeams back into the Relief Society though- and see what REAL calling-withdrawels is like. Primary songs to Hymns (almost unbearable); fun and simple lessons to "deep" thoughts (booooring); energetic adorable kids who include you in their innocent prayers nightly to adult women with any number of emotional issues... Nope, no comparison. Enjoy whatever change is coming.

Rosie Posie said...

Oh Amber I am sure you were a fantastic pres. Miss you tons.