Thursday, April 30, 2009

Baby Boy

We met with the pediatric cardiologist and the perinatologist this week and had another look at our new baby's heart. We are so happy and relieved that it is looking great with no signs of trouble. 


After going to the doctor twice a week for the last month and having an ultrasound each time, I feel like I know this little one pretty well. He never stops moving and he sucks his thumb (I wonder if he will do the same when he gets here). He gets the hiccups fairly regularly and he isn't very cooperative when it comes to being monitored. He squirms so much the nurses would have to continually move the ultrasound wand to keep up with him. I think he was only sleeping once when I was there. I am getting more and more excited to meet him and have him join our family. And it is a great feeling to not continually worry about him. 

4 comments:

Erin said...

I'm so glad everything looks okay! That must be a huge relief. What are you going to do with all your free time if you aren't at dr appointments?

Anonymous said...

Maggie is such a cute little girl, you couldn't ask for a better shadow! I love it when they start to expect and demand answers to EVERY question... I'm pretty sure every mom just makes things up from time to time:) So glad to hear that baby boy is doing well.

lilsusha said...

Congratulations. Reading this really makes me miss being pregnant--the hiccups. What a wonderful time for you.

Jill Smith said...

So glad to hear everything is fine. And I love how squirmy he is! That's always a good thing.