Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The GAP, cont.

I sent GAP the post I wrote the other day and I guess I created a stir.


First off, I know the entire situation was partly my fault. I knew that the stroller was a display item and I wasn't supposed to use it. I was just trying to to make the best out of a very chaotic situation.

So here is what happened. Yesterday I got an email from corporate apologizing for the employee's rudeness. Today I received an email from the store manager asking if he could call and talk about what happened. I emailed him my number and he quickly responded with a phone call. He had actually witnessed what happened with the sales associate and asked me if I was a woman with two children who was wearing glasses. I guess after she yelled at me in front of all the customers in line, he went up to her and told her that her response was inappropriate and shouldn't have occurred the way it did. We chatted for awhile, he asked if they could compensate me somehow and I told him I was fine and would continue to shop at GAP. They didn't need to give me any type of gift card or coupon to make it up to me. Like I said, it was partly my fault for not being prepared. He said that it was only his third day as the store manager at that store and mine wasn't the only instance of an employee being rude to a customer. And that they were having a special employee meeting today to address the situation. I sure hope he didn't get in trouble for my complaint, he didn't do it. He was very nice. About 10 minutes ago I got an email from the district manager making sure that I was happy with how things were handled. I assured him that I am perfectly fine, do not hold a grudge and that I would continue to spend my money at their store.

Moral of this story...the Gap takes complaints seriously and tries to make amends in any way possible. I am impressed.

3 comments:

TT said...

Hey I'll take a free baby gap gift card from corporate for your trouble. :-p
--Taralee

Stacy said...

This is why I love you. You taught me your get what you want skills during those cold days in Iowa. It has become a great benefit to me in life (lol) But the thing I love most is that you can also take responsibility. You rock.

Marci and Morgan said...

Good for you Amber- and pretty impressive not to take the compensation. I love that they know your kids names...I HAVE to get that relationship with the employees at my Gap store! haha