Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Carl (He's So Cute) and Nascar

The Nascar season started two weeks ago in Daytona and Matt and I are so excited that it is under way. Our favorite driver, Carl Edwards didn't do great in Daytona, he finished 19th. That was better than last year though.

This last weekend the race was in Fontana, CA. Friday practice and qualfying were rained out, Saturday they practiced for about twenty minutes and the rest of the day was rained out. The saturday Nationwide race was postponed and Sunday's Auto Club 500 was postponed after 87 laps and two big wrecks becasue of a wet track. So after trying to watch any type of racing for three days we were pretty frustrated. The remainder of Sprint Cup race for those of you who don't follow Nascar, (which I know is most of you) took place yesterday and it was AWESOME!!!! Carl dominated quite a bit of the race and won. It is the first time he has won there after having 6 top 6's in 7 races. I was hooting and hollering and Margaret and Parker now officially know that I am crazy.

The race that was supposed to take place on Saturday, the Nationwide race, started about an hour after the finish of the Sprint cup race and Carl raced in it as well. His car wasn't as good as it could have been but he finished 5th. Not a bad points day.

The women in our family don't call Carl by his name, we have a nickname for him, He's So Cute. Which was actually started to make fun of me for liking Nascar and Carl, but has stuck with him. And well HE IS SO CUTE!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Amber, Amber, Amber,
Nascar, Really? I did not know this about you. Too funny.

Stacy said...

it took margaret and Parker this long to "officially know you are crazy?" and he is pretty cute maybe I will become a nascar fan.

Sonia said...

He is so cute!!!

Amber said...

Yes, Amy, really. I know it is kind of a shock. I have been following it for about three years. I like it more all the time. There is a race here this weekend that Matt and I are going to. The Saturday race and I am so excited. I know it is weird..it could be worse though and be WWF.

noelle said...

let me be clear for you commenters. amber is a fanatic. her dream is to one day when she doesn't have kids at home anymore (and i'm not kidding...prepare yourselves), have a motorhome so she and matt can drive around go to all the races.

Anonymous said...

Noelle, you are not to give out that personal of inoformation!! :) Since you let the cat out of the bag I have to admit that it is true. Just for a year or two I think it would be fun. Maybe we will trail a Harley behind us. Make fun all you want. Matt and I have a blast following Nascar, which makes it even better since we both love it. Plus the season is really long. We always have something to watch on Sunday afternoon.