Monday, February 18, 2008

Fantastic Snowmass Vacation

















We had our annual Snowmass skiing vacation last week and it was awesome. This was Kate's second year being able to come and she absolutely LOVES to ski. She was up and ready in the morning itching to put on her boots. She would cry when we picked her up from ski school if we wouldn't take her all the way to the top of the mountain so she could ski some more. I rememer being a bratty/ungrateful child and not wanting to take any more runs...I am so glad she is my opposite in this. Jason's son Nick came this year as well as all of Jen's kids and they would all swim and hot tub after skiing every night. It was fun for her to have lots of cousins there.

I actually skiied three days this year. Because of some health problems I have stayed in the condo with Grandma for the last three years, but this year I decided to try again. I am so glad I did. I had a great time and I was so happy to be out with everyone on the slopes. It was also a good thing I skiied, since Grandma wasn't feeling well and didn't make the trip. We missed her. Me especially since I usually get one on one Grandma time in the condo (We watch the dog show together every year).

Grandpa decided to do some tricks/head dive on Friday and cracked or brusied his rib (the doctor couldn't tell from the x-ray). I wasn't skiing that day so I got to pick him up from the clinic and spend some time with him (I made him watch Nascar qulaifying, he didn't even complain). We are grateful that his injury wasn't worse.

We had wonderful lunches and dinners all week at some of our favorite haunts in Aspen and Snowmass. It was great to spend time with family and to do something that eveyone enjoys (eating and skiing). I can't think of a better vacation and I am so thankful to be in the family I am in and have such wonderful grandparents. They are truly the best. Sorry to those family members who couldn't make it. It was a great week.

I also need to mention that Papa gave up his week of skiing to come and watch Parker and Maggie. It was so nice of him. And nice for Matt and I to know that they were being well taken care of. Thanks to him for making our vacation that much better. We love you.

4 comments:

noelle said...

that's it. i am skiing next year. who cares if i blow out my knee for the umpteenth time. at least i'll go down smiling.

Amy said...

It looks like you all had a great time. I am jealous! How fun to take Kate too!
amy

Anonymous said...

Looks like everybody is having tons of fun! Tell Kate I like her Panda. :-)
Taralee

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber!
My name is Alison and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Snowmass to share on our site and I came across your post. I’m wondering you if you are open to having your blog post featured on our site. If so, shoot me an email at alison@dwellable.com.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Alison