Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My New Favorite Place



























I know I have bragged before, but I have to do it again.  Matt is really great.  For the last 4 years all of my crafting has gone on downstairs on the kitchen table.  I had stuff stashed everywhere and when I would sit down to scrapbook/craft I would have to pull it all out.  And after I was done it would take me days if not weeks to get it all put away.  So the downstairs never looked very good.  Even if everything else was clean the pile of crafting supplies really took away from the look.  

A couple of months ago we decided to turn the DirectTV off in our upstairs loft. It was a TV for the kids and I wasn't monitoring the material they watched very well. So we turned it off and they quit using the loft.  I am not sure who had the idea to turn it into my crafting room, I think maybe it was my mom.  The pictures above are of  what it looks like now and I LOVE IT!!!!!  It isn't totally finished. One of the walls is going to be painted a goldish color and we have yet to order my galvanized steel barstool, but it is now usable and GREAT.  I really can't express how great it is.  The kids even like the new TV that Matt worked into the design and they watch movies while I work at the counter.   

He is such a good husband...always striving to make me smile.  He definitely accomplished the task on this one.  

The downstairs looks so much better all of the time now. And we can eat at the table again.

9 comments:

Erin said...

I am SOOO jelous!!

Stacy said...

Can I borrow Matt to be my husband for a month or so.. I have lots of little projects I need done around my house. I am super jealous of your new room..I am sure you will put it to good use. Your pictures look good, what kind of camera did you get?

Anonymous said...

I'm sure after all these years of shoving things here and there, it really is like heaven to have a place dedicated to your craft!!

Marci and Morgan said...

Isn't it so amazing how wonderful it feels to have something so problematic fixed all of the sudden? It gives you a ridiculous new appreciation for your life!! haha! I am so happy for you. We just got actual office furniture- complete with hutch and bookcase- and I can't believe how AMAZING it feels to walk into the room that I hated soooo much just a few weeks ago! Matt & Morgan score again...

Marci and Morgan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ChellaJ [Rachelle] said...

Amber.. It looks like a great and fun place to create! What a very impressive hubby you have there. It's been a long time since Vegas, and I just wanted to drop in and say "hi". Also, Your little girl is adorable!

Amber said...

Chella...I am not sure who you are?

Aimee said...

I can't even get my husband to take the trash out! Must be nice. :) (do you remember me?)

Jack Attack said...

I'm jealous, Amber. I think I would have to start scrapbooking if I had a place like this. Looks great!