Thursday, April 3, 2008

Wal-Mart Collision










Okay, so I HATE Wal-Mart. I really do. I know everything is so cheap, blah blah blah, but I don't care, I hate it. I would rather go to Target, Smith's and then Michael's or Joanne's to get everything I need.

A couple of days ago I decided to try the new Wal-Mart. I was hoping that it wasn't like the rest of them and I would actually want to frequent this one.We have one less than  mile away, but I had been told that the new one was really nice.  Really nice for a Wal-Mart at least. I digress. If anyone reading this has been to the store with three children before you will know what I am talking about when I say that going shopping with all three children is not fun.  Let alone to my least favorite store.  So I am hurrying through the store trying to get everything (we initially went for construction paper to make pirate hats) and the kids are telling me to slow down, can I have this, etc. Kate asked why I was running.  I wasn't running, she just had to so she could keep up.  So we get to the checkout. Maggie is so done with being in the shopping cart that I decide to let her out and have Kate follow her.  Of course she immediately goes to the candy cell phones on the bottom shelf and the three of them start drooling over them asking repeatedly if they can have one (NO, of course).  I HATE the people who have tortured poor mother's for years with the checkout line candy isle.  Really, did they never have children?  Oh, wait, they did, so they know you will eventually get badgered into buying all that crap.  (I didn't, battle won).  I digress again.

So the kids are standing in the checkout isle and I hear this screech. I look over my shoulder and a chinese man in one of those electric carts has come screaming in to the checkout lane, hitting Kate in the process.  Nobody was injured, but we were all quite frightened. My kids quickly got out of the way and the man continued to move forward repeatedly hitting the candy display.  The checker kept rolling her eyes as she rung me up. Hilarious.  It was so funny and I was so shocked that I didn't even notice until we got in the car that he didn't apologize for mowing Kate down. 

I still didn't like Wal-Mart. Although the floors are nicer at this one, but at least I got a good laugh out of the trip. 

4 comments:

noelle said...

CLASSIC!

Stacy said...

Once again I see you made it to Utah without even a call to your good friend Stacy...looks like it was a pretty quick trip. How is Lynn anyway...is she living in CA?

Amy said...

i am laughing out loud. so funny and so true!!

Bridget said...

Okay, Amber, since you did this to me, I'm doing it to you. Time for a new post!