Tuesday, February 3, 2009

HELP

This is not a news flash or anything, but I am not a computer genius.  And I have a HUGE problem.  We have an external hard drive that is dying. I'm kind of ticked since it is only six months old, regardless it is failing. And it has 5 years of pictures on it!!!! Which is about 10,000 pictures, of which I only have the year 2008 on my computer. Anyone know a genius who wants to help me? Since the starting rate to send this baby in for data recovery is $695.00 (and this was the cheapest I found, Apple referred me to a company that's starting rate was $1700.00), I thought I would try this route first. Connections anyone?

2 comments:

Jeramy Robyn and the Kids said...

Amber, this is your cousin Robyn, when mine died, had Alison's husband Scott retrieve all the pictures off mine. I don't know if he will be able to help you but might be able to tell you how to do. email me and I can send you alison's email. Mine is drugmansupreme@q.com. Hope this helps.

Marci and Morgan said...

I can't see my comment- I had written that you should see about the Geek Squad from Best Buy- they transferred all of our data from our old computer to our new one. It cost in the $160 range to have everything set up and transferred.