Sunday, May 31, 2009

Eating My Words


This was our largest apricot this season. It was bigger than the peaches and nectarines I bought from the store the other day. And more importantly it was tasty.

Five years ago when Matt planted this apricot tree (centered in the picture), it was a stick. Literally. It was as big around as my thumb and maybe four feet tall. I made fun of it and him on numerous occasions. I figured it would never grow or produce any type of edible fruit. I wasn't the only one to make fun. It just looked ridiculous. 

Well, Matt was inspired and we now have a full grown, fruit bearing tree. Not only does it produce hundreds of delicious apricots, but it provides shade for the backyard and the kids climb it almost daily. 

2 comments:

Marci and Morgan said...

Lesson: Never make fun of Matt. haha! That is awesome- they look beautiful and delicious! Enjoy!

Stacy said...

I still remember your apricot cobbler, yum!