Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Pacifier Update

It has been three days since Maggie has even mentioned having a "ba bu", I think we are over the hill and recovering from the addiction. I have to admit this was a more difficult task than I had imagined. The first four days were absolutely miserable. For me and for her. I felt like the meanest mother in the world (on Thursday I almost caved and gave them back) and she was having serious withdrawal.

The first night (Monday), when the ba bu fairy was coming, she opened up the bag and got two out to use. I didn't realize this until the morning, so she didn't sleep without them that night. She received her gifts from the fairy, but they didn't come close to replacing her pacifier. 

On Friday she took her first nap without crying herself to sleep or repeating in her very sad voice," ba bu, ba bu, ba bu." Since then it has been smooth sailing. I am relieved that she is still having a nap every day and going to bed without any tears. And I no longer have to search for pacifiers before bedtime or climb into her bed in the middle of the night to find them. JOY!!!

No comments: